Hi,

I'd like some clarification on what a "master" and "replica" is please.

This doc suggests you start with 1 master and a replica can be promoted to a
master by changing "/var/lib/pki-ca/conf/CS.cfg":
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/FreeIPA_Guide/promoting-replica.html

However IPA is supposed to be multi-master replication, and replication
agreements appears to be two ways when checking "ipa-replica-manage list
hostname" on a given IPA server.

So when creating a replica using:

ipa-replica-install --setup-ca --setup-dns --forwarder=172.20.220.25
--forwarder=172.20.220.27 /root/replica-info-ipa01.domain.com.gpg

am I creating another "master replica"?

Regards,
Suhail Choudhury.
DevOps | Recommendations Team | BSkyB

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged,
confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed
may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit,
use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.
SKY and the SKY marks are trademarks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and
Sky International AG and are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting
Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration
No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration No. 2340150)
are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc
(Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph
are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at
Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.