The FreeIPA team is proud to announce FreeIPA v4.0.1!
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads. The builds are
available for Fedora 21 or in an unofficial Fedora 20
[https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/pviktori/freeipa/ COPR repository].
These release notes can be read at:
== Highlights in 4.0.1 ==
=== Enhancements ===
* TOTP watermark support was added. The last token interval is now being added
to database and replicated in FreeIPA realm. Note that the number of writes is
kept the same as an unnecessary LDAP write was eliminated.
* Effective Attributes widget in the Add Permission Web UI page was improved
=== Bug fixes ===
* ipa-client-install is now again able to join older servers (pre-4.0)
* Password migration in migrate-ds command was fixed by enabling
nsslapd-allow-hashed-passwords setting by default
* ipa-client-install no longer crashes during uninstallation when chronyd
service cannot be started
* Server installation could hang as no members could be added to "cn=adtrust
agents" system account
* Web UI login page now distinguishes between OTP users with invalid and
expired password and properly shows the Reset password dialog
* ipa-server-install and ipa-replica-install now better detects when PKI was
configured and is able to properly uninstall it when installation crashed
== Known Issues ==
=== Excessive logging by 389-ds-base 188.8.131.52 ===
FreeIPA 4.0.1 pulls 389-ds-base 184.108.40.206 as a dependency
updates-testing repo] in Fedora 20). However, this version of the Directory
Server produces following logs for internal write operations:
[26/Jul/2014:01:28:53 +0200] - Connection is NULL and hence cannot access
This log is
Directory Server team tracks the problem in ticket
== Upgrading ==
An IPA server can be upgraded simply by installing updated rpms. The server
does not need to be shut down in advance.
Please note that if you are doing the upgrade in special environment (e.g.
FedUp) which does not allow running the LDAP server during upgrade process,
upgrade scripts need to be run manually after the first boot:
# ipa-ldap-updater --upgrade
Also note that the performance improvements require an extended set of indexes
to be configured. RPM update for an IPA server with a excessive number of users
may require several minutes to finish.
If you have multiple servers you may upgrade them one at a time. It is expected
that all servers will be upgraded in a relatively short period (days or weeks,
not months). They should be able to co-exist peacefully but new features will
not be available on old servers and enrolling a new client against an old
server will result in the SSH keys not being uploaded.
Downgrading a server once upgraded is not supported.
Upgrading from 3.3.0 and later versions is supported. Upgrading from previous
versions is not supported and has not been tested.
An enrolled client does not need the new packages installed unless you want to
re-enroll it. SSH keys for already installed clients are not uploaded, you will
have to re-enroll the client or manually upload the keys.
== Feedback ==
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-users mailing
list (http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users) or #freeipa channel
== Detailed Changelog since 4.0.0 ==
=== David Kupka (2) ===
* Fix ipa-client-install --uninstall crash
* Always record that pkicreate has been executed.
=== Gabe (2) ===
* Fix typos in dns.py
* Enable debug pid in smb.conf
=== Lukáš Slebodník (2) ===
* Fix warning: Using uninitialized value ld.
* Add missing break
=== Martin Košek (2) ===
* Allow hashed passwords in DS
* Become IPA 4.0.1
=== Nathaniel McCallum (4) ===
* Fix login password expiration detection with OTP
* Update freeipa-server krb5-server dependency to 1.11.5-5
* Fix ipa-getkeytab for pre-4.0 servers
* Add TOTP watermark support
=== Petr Viktorin (3) ===
* baseldap: Return empty string when no effective rights are found
* ldap2 indirect membership processing: Use global limits if greater than
* test_xmlrpc: Update tests
=== Petr Voborník (14) ===
* webui: capitalize labels of undo and undo all buttons
* webui: improve usability of attributes widget
* webui: add filter to attributes widget
* webui: optimize (re)creation of option widget
* webui: custom attr in attributes widget
* webui: attr widget: get list of possible attrs from ipapermdefaultattr
* webui: option_widget_base: sort options
* webui: reflect readonly state
* webui: fix add of input group class
* webui: show managed fields as readonly and not disabled
* webui: fix selection of empty value in a select widget
* webui: disable ipapermbindruletype if permission in a privilege
* webui: fix disabled state of service's PAC type
* baseldap: return 'none' attr level right as unicode string
=== Tomáš Babej (3) ===
* trusts: Validate missing trust secret properly
* ipatests: tasks: Fix dns configuration for trusts
* trusts: Make cn=adtrust agents sysaccount nestedgroup
Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team
Red Hat Inc.
Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list:
Go To http://freeipa.org for more info on the project