Not sure why 'yum check' didn't report anything - I'll run it by release engineering
and see if they have anything to share.

Thank you!

-m

On 07/28/2014 09:19 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 09:02:17AM -0400, Mark Heslin wrote:
Hi Jakub,

(Top posting to save scrolling).

Success. It looks like the c-ares package was not installed during
ipa-client install:

    # rpm -qV c-ares
    package c-ares is not installed
    # yum reinstall c-ares
    Package(s) c-ares available, but not installed.
    Error: Nothing to do
    # yum clean all
    # yum install c-ares
    Installed:
    c-ares.x86_64 0:1.7.0-6.el6

    Complete!

    # service sssd restart
    Stopping sssd: cat: /var/run/sssd.pid: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
    Starting sssd: [  OK  ]
    #

Now the ssh keys are working :-)

So one last question. Would we normally track this down this way for a
customer or simply
I think just installing the package should be fine. I wonder why didn't
yum check report the broken c-ares dependency?

have them uninstall and re-install the ipa client? Is there any disadvantage
to that?
no, that should be fine as well, except for losing some local
modifications and maybe getting a keytab with a higher kvno.