On 07/25/2014 12:45 AM, Sanju A wrote:
Dear All,

Centralized authentication is working fine and we have a requirement to give privilege to users for configuring printer in their machines. For local users, they will get the privilege by adding them to the local printer group (lp or lpadmin group).

Is there any way to add the user to the end machine  printer group.
You can't add central users to local groups.
I am not familiar with printer configuration policies.
Which systems are the clients? RHEL? Fedora? CentOS?
In all these cases I suspect this would be done via policy kit policies so may be the way to go is to update policy to point to user's private group.

I smell RFE here but probably for SSSD rather than IPA.

Regards
Sanju Abraham

and any attachments. Thank you

--