On 08/20/2014 03:30 PM, Walid wrote:
Hello All,

What is the recommendation on having ipa2 clients connecting to IPA 3 server, we have some RHEL5.3 clients (I know they are EOL, however end user still wants as it is) that we would like to connect them to IPA 3.x server running RHEL6.5.

Any one running free-ipa on RHEL instead of the Red Hat packages on RHEL5, and RHEL6?

regards

Walid

5.3 clean can be connected to IPA using pam_krb5 or pam_ldap for authentication and nss_ldap for identity. Perfectly reasonable and supported configuration. No need to run unsupported packages on RHEL.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio