Evening,

Came across a problem where a cron job I had setup last night seemed not to
run. On further investigation, I noticed FreeIPA must be pushing a policy
that block cron task that adopt a different user than the one its set under.

I am certain its FreeIPA related as I have a system that's not enrolled and
the task run fine there.

Now, this is curiosity sake as I solved the problem using groups, but how
would one allow root to schedule a job that run as non root?

* 4 * * * williamm /usr/local/bin/some-script.sh

Aug 21 14:06:02 muriithi crond[6621]: (williamm) FAILED to authorize user
with PAM (Permission denied) Aug 21 14:07:01 wmuriithi crond[6625]:
(williamm) FAILED to authorize user with PAM (Permission denied) Aug 21
14:08:01 wmuriithi crond[6628]: (williamm) FAILED to authorize user with
PAM (Permission denied)

Regards,

William