Over the past month, I rearranged my local systems for our collaboration
environment. The essence of the work is to combine employee identities (defined
in AD) with identities for external users (defined in FreeIPA), massage them so
that they look the same, and export them to every posix desktop and web
application I support.

Defining cross-domain posix groups is included, and was successfully performed,
but sssd doesn't have a vocabulary to describe a merged domain (one identity
provider, multiple auth providers). Still trying to figure out if I can force
this to work somehow.

The activity may shine a light on some of the things "views" might be required
to do.

http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Use_Case_for_Views:_Collaboration

Enjoy,
Bryce

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for
the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the
use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and
immediately.