I have an IPA setup, one master, one replica; originally installed as v 2.x and
later  updated to v 3.0. For whatever reasons, the certs did not automatically
renew and the services would no longer start. I updated the certs manually on
the master using the procedure shown at:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPA_2x_Certificate_Renewal

The master is now functioning properly.

At this point, the IPA service is still stopped on the replica. I hesitate to
start it for concern it could interfere with the now-working master.

What would be the recommended method for returning the replica to service?

Thanks for your help.

Dennis