On Thu, 11 Sep 2014, Traiano Welcome wrote:
Hi List

I've been following the AD integration guide for IPAv3 here:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/IPAv3_AD_trust_setup
However, when I reach the "Add trust with AD domain" step I get the
following error:

---
[root@ipa ~]# ipa trust-add --type=ad mhatest.local --admin Administrator
--password
Active directory domain administrator's password:
ipa: ERROR: CIFS server communication error: code "-1073741801",
                 message "Memory allocation error" (both may be "None")
---

... And I'm at a loss for how to interpret this :-) Details on my setup:
Please follow
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/IPAv3_AD_trust_setup#Debugging_trust
to provide useful debugging information.

- Windows 2008 R2 AD DC
- CentOS Linux 6.5 IPA server (installed  from yum repos)
Ideally you'd need to use RHEL 7 or CentOS 7 for trusts as IPA version
3.3 is more mature in this regard.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy