On 09/11/2014 09:25 PM, Michael Lasevich wrote:
If I remember correctly, you could not use SAN (Subject Alternate Names) for certificates in FreeIPA 3.0 - is this still the case with 4?

https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3977 < 4.0 is able.

I have hosts that automatically receive two hostnames, a long proper name (like "service-i-12345678") and a simpler cname based on an index for ease of access (like "service-1") - however since OS hostname is the "proper" one, certs would typically be issued to that name. I want my users to be able to hit it via the simplex "index" names. Is that currently possible (esp given that the cnames are actualy in a different DNS domain)?

Thanks,

-M

--
Thank you,