On 09/09/2014 05:27 PM, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com
<mailto:rcrit...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    Olga Kornievskaia wrote:

    > On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Dmitri Pal <d...@redhat.com
<mailto:d...@redhat.com>
    > <mailto:d...@redhat.com <mailto:d...@redhat.com>>> wrote:
    >
    >     On 09/08/2014 07:29 PM, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:
    >>     Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    >>
    >>     It is a brand new fedora 20 vm.
    >
    >     OK good.
    >     Can you send or share the ipa server installation log?
    >

    > Can you please suggest how I can do that? My original post was rejected
    > by the administrator of this list because I've included the install log
    > that compressed was  over 5M.

    If you have a web/ftp server available you can put it there for download.

I have put the files in google drive and they should be accessible via this
link:
freeipa-install-logs -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7NX-2naBL7GWXVIOS11YnZLZWM&usp=sharing

Please let me know if there are problems accessing it.

    I'd look at the catalina.* logs in /var/log/pki/pki-tomcat and debug in
    the ca subdirectory. Those are more likely to hold startup failures.

I have included the "debug", "ca-spawn", and snippet of "journalctl" output
files. Personally, I wasn't able to find any error messages in there.

Thank you.

I saw no updates to this thread - did you make any progress? I also did not see any obvious errors in the logs you provided.

To see what happened I think you would need to zip whole /var/log/pki/pki-tomcat directory and share it with us. We may be also interested to see /var/log/httpd/error_log as it may also contain some hint why is this responder not available.

It would be also nice to look for SELinux errors if you are running in enforcing mode. You can check for example with

# ausearch -m AVC -ts today

I am CCing PKI developers to be aware of this failure.

HTH,
Martin