On 09/12/2014 09:36 AM, Tamas Papp wrote:

On 09/12/2014 02:47 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/11/2014 02:06 AM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 09/10/2014 07:10 PM, Tamas Papp wrote:
hi All,

Is there an offficial API documentation available?

Unfortunately not much. You can search archives and find some recommendations
that helped people in the past.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-January/msg00109.html

We also have a ticket

We also have a ticket
targeted on FreeIPA 4.1 to see the actual JSON queries that "ipa" command sends. It would make it easier to see how we use the API.

Actually what is the recommended way to use ipa as a simple ldap backend for a service without kerberos?

You have seen other answers but I think a fair question to ask here is what does the service do and what kind of ldap info it needs?
Is it read only or read write?

In fact the service does not need kerberos and things like that, but I like the helper tools of ipa, like ipa command, web UI, easy replication etc.

Can I make trouble by writing the directory directly though ldap (add/delete/modify users + groups).

10x
tamas

--
Thank you,