On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Tamas Papp wrote:

On 09/12/2014 07:02 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:

You have seen other answers but I think a fair question to ask here is what does the service do and what kind of ldap info it needs?
Is it read only or read write?

Currently we have a forum, where users can register to a mysql database. W would like to migrate or use it together with ldap, so the registered customers could authenticate from a central user database.

It would be like if I register to fedoraproject.org and with that I would get access to redhat bugzilla at the same time.
The difference is that I need ldap backend for the targeted services.
I'd recommend you to read http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication
This is our approach for secure and scalable authentication of web
applications and management of additional user data.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy