On 09/13/2014 04:03 PM, Traiano Welcome wrote:
Hi List
Currently I have a stable trust relationship going between IPA and Windows AD. I create users and manage passwords in AD, but want to manage the rest in IPA, "the rest" being default shell, default home directory settings, RBAC, HBAC, Selinux etc .. What I'm expecting it to be able to log into the FreeIPA web interface, and see a synched list of users created in AD appear in the interface, after which I can modify the settings on a per user basis. If that level of granularity is not possible, I would then expect to be able to at least apply an IPA-imposed set of account defaults on and AD user group:
- default shell
- HBAC rules
- Sudo rules
- SELinux rules
- RBAC
Is this possible with FreeIPA? I can't find anything coherent in the documentation that describes an effective way of managing the POSIX attributes of AD users in FreeIPA.
Thanks in advance!
Traiano

You are to some extent describing a feature that we call "views" that is currently in works.
But there are two parts:
a) Ability to overwrite POSIX attributes for AD users - this is views
b) Ability to apply policies to AD users. It is already possible.
This is done via group membership.
So you create a group in IPA, make AD group an external member of that group and then use that IPA group to apply HBAC, SUDO and SELinux rules.

As for RBAC what do you mean?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal