On 09/17/2014 10:56 PM, Dan Mossor wrote:
Good day, folks.

I am curious what the suggested upgrade path is for FreeIPA. Currently, I am running freeipa-server-3.3.5-1.fc20.x86_64 on a virtual Fedora 20 server and am planning my upgrade to FreeIPA 4.0.3 on Fedora 21 Server.

My current thought is to just build the F21 server and set it up as a replication server, then destroy the F20 VM. Will that be a seamless migration, or am I missing something?
Make sure you install the replica with full CA and reconfigure this replica to be the CRL publisher and cert renewal tracker. Search this list archives and wiki on how to do it.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio