We have IdM running on a RHEL V7 system and have configured a local DNS server
in our test lab.

We have loaded the various SRV and TXT records needed by the IdM server.

PROBLEM:

>From the IdM server we can only lookup local records.  The name resolver will
>not
attempt to look to another other name servers or domains defined in
/etc/resolv.conf

If I shutdown IdM using ipactl stop and then restart named, the name resolver
works
for local and remote hosts, addresses and domains as well as serving up the SRV
records
defined on the local host.

Am I correct in assuming that while IdM is up and running, the only other
systems it
will communicate with at least with regard to name services is another host also
running IdM defined either as a server or a client ?

If this is case, is there anyone to better integrate some of these common
services such
as named into an existing network such that you are not limited by the IdM
components ?

Al Licause