On 10/02/2014 01:05 PM, Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support) wrote:

We have IdM running on a RHEL V7 system and have configured a local DNS server

in our test lab.

We have loaded the various SRV and TXT records needed by the IdM server.

PROBLEM:

From the IdM server we can only lookup local records. The name resolver will not

attempt to look to another other name servers or domains defined in /etc/resolv.conf

If I shutdown IdM using ipactl stop and then restart named, the name resolver works

for local and remote hosts, addresses and domains as well as serving up the SRV records

defined on the local host.

Am I correct in assuming that while IdM is up and running, the only other systems it

will communicate with at least with regard to name services is another host also

running IdM defined either as a server or a client ?

If this is case, is there anyone to better integrate some of these common services such

as named into an existing network such that you are not limited by the IdM components ?

*Al Licause *

If DNS is running on IdM the DNS lookups might be forwarded to different DNS servers depending on your DNS cofiguration. Based on what you describe it seems that there is some sort of DNS misconfiguration.
I would leave to gurus to help you with that.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio