On 2.10.2014 19:05, Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
We have IdM running on a RHEL V7 system and have configured a local DNS server
in our test lab.
We have loaded the various SRV and TXT records needed by the IdM server.
From the IdM server we can only lookup local records. The name resolver will
attempt to look to another other name servers or domains defined in
If I shutdown IdM using ipactl stop and then restart named, the name resolver
for local and remote hosts, addresses and domains as well as serving up the SRV
defined on the local host.
Am I correct in assuming that while IdM is up and running, the only other
will communicate with at least with regard to name services is another host also
running IdM defined either as a server or a client ?
If this is case, is there anyone to better integrate some of these common
as named into an existing network such that you are not limited by the IdM
I would like to get additional information about your environment:
- Is the IPA server is installed with DNS or not? Did you use option
--setup-dns during ipa-server-install?
- Which DNS zones do you have defined on IPA server? You can use command "ipa
dnszone-find" to list all zones.
- Is there any other DNS servers serving same DNS zones?
- Did you configure forwarders in /etc/named.conf or via ipa command line
tools (ipa dnsconfig-mod or --forwarder option during ipa-server-install)?
- Please attach result of DNS lookups using "dig" command: One output when it
doesn't work (i.e. with IPA running) and the other when it works as you expect
(i.e. after "ipactl stop" and "service named restart").
Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list:
Go To http://freeipa.org for more info on the project