-----Original Message-----
From: Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 7:11 AM
To: 'Jan Pazdziora'
Subject: RE: [Freeipa-users] named and IpA

Jan,

Just for kicks, I tried to use the ipa dnsconfig-mod command to add information
about the local name server.

I was able to set the forwarding policy but I was only able to set a single
forwarder.

If I issued a second forwarder, the previous entry was replaced by the new one
and only one forwarder shows as active:

[root@linux named]# ipa dnsconfig-show
  Global forwarders: 16.112.240.40
  Forward policy: first

[root@linux named]# ipa dnsconfig-mod --forwarder=16.112.240.27
  Global forwarders: 16.112.240.27
  Forward policy: first

[root@linux named]# ipa dnsconfig-show
  Global forwarders: 16.112.240.27
  Forward policy: first

If I attempt to place more than one forwarder in the arguments, I get an error:

[root@linux named]# ipa dnsconfig-mod --forwarder=16.112.240.27;16.112.240.40
ipa: ERROR: no modifications to be performed
bash: 16.112.240.40: command not found...

The Fedora documentation only gives examples for adding a single
forwarder.....so this seems to be a shortcoming in the current implementation.

However, having performed these steps, it still did not allow the local name
server to look at anything past the local database or use the designated
forwarders.

Al