Hello,

let me summarize the environment so we can be sure that I understood it
correctly:

- there are (at least) two non-IPA DNS servers 16.112.240.27 and 16.112.240.40
- non-IPA servers are authoritative for DNS zone osn.cxo.cpqcorp.net
- IPA server is *also* configured to be authoritative for DNS zone osn.cxo.cpqcorp.net (as shown by ipa dnszone-find command).

I hope that this summary is correct, please let me know if it doesn't.

This configuration cannot reliably work because there is a clash between sets of authoritative servers. IPA server claim authority over domain osn.cxo.cpqcorp.net (set 1) and at the same time non-IPA servers (set 2) deem themselves to be authoritative for domain osn.cxo.cpqcorp.net.

Unfortunately IPA installer is not clever enough to detect this situation and warn you at the right time. We have a ticket for adding this check to new versions of IPA.

The solution is to decide which set of servers (IPA or non-IPA) should be really authoritative and change configuration appropriately.

If you want to use non-IPA servers as authoritative:
- Install IPA *without* DNS component
- Add required DNS records generated by IPA installed to non-IPA servers.

If you want to use IPA server as authoritative:
- Install IPA with DNS component
- Remove DNS zones from non-IPA servers or change configuration so non-IPA servers are *slaves* of IPA - Change NS records in parent zone (presumably cxo.cpqcorp.net) so they point to IPA.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

Petr^2 Spacek

On 3.10.2014 17:13, Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)