Good day to everybody.
There`s a post on how to make a FreeBSD client work with a FreeIPA server:
https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=46526&p=260146#p260146
For some reason the instructions in that post don`t lead to a working solution.
Getent passwd/group return no data from the IPA server, although ldapsearch
works fine.
I followed the instructions exactly (+ configured ldap.conf & started sssd) and
didn`t get errors anywhere, all steps completed successfully.
My setup: 2 VMs, one is the FreeIPA server (on Fedora 20), the other is a
FreeBSD client (on FreeBSD 10.0).
IPA server is configured as written in the IPA Quick Start Quide, it has no
integrated DNS server.
Both VMs have identical /etc/hosts file:

::1                    localhost
127.0.0.1         localhost
192.168.1.10   ipa1.mydomain.com ipa1
192.168.1.30   bsd1.mydomain.com bsd1

Seems like some instructions in etc/nsswitch.conf file, like "group: files sss"
and "passwd: files sss" have no effect.
Does anybody tried this setup, what could be wrong with it?
I can provide outputs of any commands if necessary.
If I shouldn`t have asked this question here, please advise me where to ask.
Any hint on what to do will be highly appreciated!