Hi,

maybe there is a case problem, if I try the following command, note some capital letters:

# ipa config-mod --userobjectclasses=ipaObject --userobjectclasses=ine*tO*rgperson --userobjectclasses=person --userobjectclasses=posixaccount --userobjectclasses=inetuser --userobjectclasses=organizational*P*erson --userobjectclasses=krbticketpolicyaux --userobjectclasses=krbprincipalaux
ipa: ERROR: Type or value exists:
it fails, doing the same with all lowercase succeeds:

# ipa config-mod --userobjectclasses=ipaobject --userobjectclasses=inetorgperson --userobjectclasses=person --userobjectclasses=posixaccount --userobjectclasses=inetuser --userobjectclasses=organizationalperson --userobjectclasses=krbticketpolicyaux --userobjectclasses=krbprincipalaux
Default user objectclasses: ipaobject, person, inetorgperson, organizationalperson, krbticketpolicyaux, krbprincipalaux, inetuser, posixaccount

You posted your default oc earlier to be:
Default user objectclasses: top, person, organizationalperson, inetorgperson, inetuser, posixaccount, krbprincipalaux, krbticketpolicyaux, ipaobject, ipasshuser, radiusProfile, customPersonAttributes, sambaSamAccount

and in the migration code we have code like:
entry_attrs['objectclass'] = list(
                    set(
                        config.get(
ldap_obj.object_class_config, ldap_obj.object_class
                        ) + [o.lower() for o in entry_attrs['objectclass']]
                    )
                )

so i assume it will try to add an entry with
objectclass: customPersonAttributes
objectclass: custompersonattributes

I don't know how to get ipa to log this, but you could do:

tcpdump 'tcp port 389' -i any -w migrat.pcap

and then run migrate-ds to verify