Hi, all:

I have four servers (two in one location, two in another) running IPA 3.0 set
to replicate like so:

Location A Server 1 - - - - - - - - Location B Server 1
              |                                            |
              |                                            |
              |                                            |
              |                                            |
Location A Server 2 - - - - - - - - Location B Server 2

Each server has DNS configured; however, I think I have configured something
inappropriately
with respect to authoritative records.

I have eight zones configured and ipa dnszone-show for any one of them has
Location B Server 1's
name as authoritative. In each of the eight zones, I have added NS records for
the other three
servers. On all of the servers except Location B Server 1, /var/log/messages
will show:

client x.xxx.x.xxx#14366: received notify for zone 'x.xxx.x.in-addr.arpa': not
authoritative

This occurs for most, but not all, zones. Along with this:

LDAP query timed out. Try to adjust "timeout" parameter
update_record (psearch) failed, dn
'idnsname=xxx,idnsname=x.xxx.xx.in-addr.arpa.,cn=dns,dc=example,dc=com' change
type 0x0. Records can be outdated, run `rndc reload`: not found

I feel like I've misconfigured a few things along the way and I'd love some
help. Along with that
if anyone has recommendations on things I should read to help me better
understand what I
should be doing with DNS, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Trevor T. Kates

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic message contains information which may
be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a
firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender
without an additional express written confirmation to that effect.  The
information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and
access by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that
you have received the message in error, and delete it.  Thank you.