On 10/31/2014 10:42 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 31.10.2014 04:38, Rolf Nufable wrote:
Hello ,

I've been trying to install freeipa server v 4.1.0 on my fedora 20 machine and I can't complete the installation because of hte DNS forwarders

What exactly is the problem/symptom? Are you receiving an error? Or something else?

We need to see exact package versions, parameters you have used, messages, logs etc.

my machine's IP is 192.168.254.7 and I'm using the same IP for DNS forwarders, this is what I did when I was installing 4.0.3 and 3.3.5 and it installed smoothly , so my question is why won't it work in 4.1.0 ? is there something new when configuring DNS forwarders?

I'm not sure I understand you.

What do you mean with 'my machine'? Is it the (to-be-installed) IPA server? Or some other machine?

Are you installing IPA with or without DNS?

There is no point in configuring IPA to use itself as forwarder.

Please tell us what exactly doesn't work for you :-)

And back to your original question: 4.1 has a lot of changes related to DNSSEC work so something might be broken and we like to understand what and why.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio