On 4.11.2014 15:27, Rob Verduijn wrote:
Hello again,

I've managed to integrate my katello configuration with freeipa.
Now I not only use freeipa authentication in katello but also when a host
is defined in katello it automagically gets created in the freeipa realm ,
certs, otp,dns all working great.

however, to obtain all this integration greatness I had to downgrade my
freeipa to 3.3.5 again (revert snapshot) because the katello realm
integration tool (foreman-prepare-realm) is not capable of dealing with 4.X
versions of freeipa.
It would be nice if you could get tell us more details about the problem you had with Katello, AFAIK we are not aware of any.

And now the named-pkcs11 again does not see my internal zones.

This page
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/wiki/BIND9/NamedCannotStart thinks
I should contact the freeipa-users list

Do I understand correctly that you did all the steps 0-4 successfully and then you found out that you can't see DNS objects in LDAP (step 5) when using ldapsearch with DNS principal?

Can you see the objects in IPA web UI or CLI? If it is the case then we will need help from LDAP ACI expert (pviktori? :-).

Petr^2 Spacek

The command 'ipa-ldap-updater
/usr/share/ipa/updates/55-pbacmemberof.update' didn't fix it.
and the command 'ipa-ldap-updater' didn't fix it either.

So I am now stuck at freeipa 3.3.5 again (with a working katello
integration, so I got some mixed emotions about it)
Any ideas anyone ?
Rob

Hello,

I've tested the update again.

The bind-utils conflict is still there when I issue "yum update
freeipa-server" ( as indicated on the freeipa 4.1 download page
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads#Upgrading )

'yum update' works fine

My internal zones didn't resolv after the update
ipa-ldap-updater /usr/share/ipa/updates/55-pbacmemberof.update didn't fix
it
ipa-ldap-updater did fix the 'access control instructions' and my internal
dns zones started to resolv again :-)

Cheers
Rob