On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 10:20:36AM -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Stephen Benjamin wrote:

> >> I believe he's referring to the native smart proxy here. It includes a
> >> script to setup permissions. I guess it hasn't been tested against a 4.x
> >> IPA master.
> >
> > The permissions have changed names in FreeIPA 4.0, which means the
> > script won't work.  I've tested this one against 4.1 on F21 and it
> > works:
> >

> > https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stbenjam/smart-proxy/8278/sbin/foreman-prepare-realm
> >
> > There's an open pull request against foreman's Smart Proxy to include
> > that in the next release:
> >
> >   https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy/pull/231
>
> Great news! As an upstream we should probably try to avoid breaking
> other packages in the future. Do you have any suggestions on how we
> might avoid this in the future (stable permission names would be one)?

That kind of breakage seems fine between major versions.  It would be
nice if things would stay consistent -- but they generally do, so I
don't really have any complaints.

I think I should probably try to get to testing the betas of FreeIPA
sooner with foreman.

--
Stephen Benjamin

Red Hat GmbH | http://de.redhat.com/ | Sitz: Grasbrunn
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
Michael O'Neill, Charles Peters