On 10/11/14 02:05, Rolf Nufable wrote:
Hello

I have tons of questions on why free ipa wont't work on my network , I've been using fedora 20 as the os for the server and client free ipa .

I deployed freeipa 4.0.3 at the server side and freeipa 4.1.0 for the client side using 2 VM's at first it was okay, got it connected and used ldap to pass sudo for the client side, but when I finally deployed it in our real network consisting of an esxi server and one work station having the same versions of free ipa for server and client, the error that I'm getting is that " the user does not exist " when I invoked the " su - ( user ) " command, so My question is how can I solve this problem?? I've been at it for 3 weeks now ..

another question is I've tried using 4.1.0 for the server side but I can't configure the dns forwarders for it it always says that the forwarder does not respond, How can I solve this too? is there a new way to add a dns forwarder for IPA ??

please help me with these freeipa problems because I really want to deploy them already and get it over with -_-

Hello,

IPA (4.1) doesn't allow to add global forwarders, which are not responding during installation.

Are you sure the forwarder is working? Can you resolve root zone using this forwarder?

Workaround is to install server without --forwarder option, after installation you can add global forwarder using command dnsconfig-mod --forwarder=a.b.c.d

HTH
Martin^2

--
Martin Basti