well I dont know how or what command to use to display the logs, could you
teach me how? , but yes the network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris has the same
domain name which is example.com this is on the server side only

while on the client side, even though the network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris
is configured correctly, the web UI can't be accessed so its a really weird
scenario. but the registration of the ipa client to the server says its
successful.

TIA

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:56 PM, Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 11/11/2014 06:37 AM, Rolf Nufable wrote:
> or could you guys direct me or guide me on how to deploy this ipa server?
> I've been successful deploying ipa version 3.3.5 before but this 4.0 and
> above series is really giving me a headache

Hm, that is worrying. FreeIPA 4.0+ should definitely not be more difficult to
deploy, on the contrary, it should be much cooler than 3.3.

> On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:24 PM, Rolf Nufable
> <rolf_16_nufa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> well I'll try them now, my sssd config only consists of these lines added to
> the sudo area
>
> sudo_provider = ldap
> ldap_uri = ldap://myipaserver.example.com
> ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=com
> ldap_sasl_mech = GSSAPI
> ldap_sasl_authid = host/myipaserver.example.com
> ldap_sasl_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
> krb_server = myipaserver.example.com

BWT, with FreeIPA 4.0+ / RHEL-6.6+ / recent Fedoras you can use "ipa" sudo
provider. Actually, FreeIPA 4.0+ clients do that for you.

More info here:
https://www.freeipa.org/images/7/77/Freeipa30_SSSD_SUDO_Integration.pdf

> plus another question why is it that when I invoke the kinit admin command
> for the kerberos I couldnt access the web UI and keeps asking me to configure
> my web browser ( firefox) though I've already configured it many times..

Are you sure that network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris in about:config
correctly? Are you saying that your Firefox works with FreeIPA 3.3 server but
not with FreeIPA 4.0+? What is the domain of the FreeIPA 4.0+ server and what
is the setting of network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris?

In any case, it is still hard to advise as I still did not see any related
logs, error messages or actual real errors preventing you from enrolling
FreeIPA.

Thanks,
Martin