Ok,

I've shoved them on pastebin. They were a bit big to put in a mailing list
really.

ldap_child.log: http://pastebin.com/qGCZF4vK
sssd_nss.log: http://pastebin.com/gTBA8NEj
sssd_bur.us.genops.log: http://pastebin.com/ithUqb1z

I did see this in the sssd_nss.log:

(Fri Nov 14 16:09:34 2014) [sssd[nss]] [sss_dp_get_reply] (0x1000): Got reply
from Data Provider - DP error code: 3 errno: 17 error message: Init group
lookup failed
(Fri Nov 14 16:09:34 2014) [sssd[nss]] [nss_cmd_getby_dp_callback] (0x0040):
Unable to get information from Data Provider
Error: 3, 17, Init group lookup failed
Will try to return what we have in cache
(Fri Nov 14 16:09:34 2014) [sssd[nss]] [sss_dp_req_destructor] (0x0400):
Deleting request: [0x418850:3:dpoul...@bur.us.genops]

Which pointed to this:

https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2385

Which had similar symptoms but is related to AD.

Cheers,

Darren.