Janelle wrote:
> I did find that as the work-around - just trying to understand why it
> comes up sometimes...
> Did you find any issues with the workings of a replica if you had to
> resort to this method?

The conncheck is a reaction to a slew of problems people had setting up
replicas and because we don't have direct firewall integration. It
provides a way to detect errors that will eventually cause an
installation to fail. It isn't necessary to run which is why we provided
the skip option.

As for why the ssh fails, you'd need to check the system logs on the IPA
master where it is failing. The ssh is only used so we can test the
reverse connection, it isn't used once the installation itself starts.

rob