On 11/18/2014 02:13 AM, Zhong Qiang wrote:
hi,
I have some hosts installed centos4.8/6.5/5.9,and want to centralize identity/policy/authorization.but ipa client isn't compatible with centos4.8,so I try to configure FreeIPA integrated with NIS Domains.
     IPAserver:centos7 (+DNS)
     nisclient:centos4.8
      ipaclient:centos6.6

I followed the instructions of this page: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/nis.html,to add netgroup(nis_test) and users(zhongq).then configured nis client installed centos4.8.on the nis client, I could get users data ,look like that:

[root@nisclient ~]# getent passwd zhongq
zhongq:*:724800001:724800001:强 é:/home/zhongq:/bin/sh

However,I do not succeed to log into nisclient with zhongq account.
Any ideas?

Regards,
zhongq

You need to use some other method for authentication. NIS only supported for identity not for authentication. Use pam_ldap or pam_krb5 for authentication part.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio