I suddenly started getting errors when I try to use ipa-getkeytab:

[root@ipa1 kerberize]# ipa-getkeytab -s jn01 -p hdfs/jn01 -k
jn01.hdfs.keytab
SASL Bind failed Can't contact LDAP server (-1) !

ldap seems to be answering on the non-SASL port (ei: ldapsearch -x -h
localhost CN=richard works fine) but if I don't use the -x, I get:
ldapsearch  -h localhost CN=richard
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

I'm kinda at a loss for how to debug this. I'm not really finding any
errors in the dirsrv logs, just a warning that my DB is bigger than the
cache. I'd appreciate some ideas on where to look.