Roman Naumenko wrote:
> Rob Crittenden wrote on 11-11-14 9:11:
>> Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>>> You've asked about settings for the processes, that's how it is done in
>>> systemd environment. Check systemd.resource-control(5) and
>>> systemd.exec(5) for details of what can be changed.

>>> This is Apache-specific config and as such should go into
>>> /etc/httpd/conf.d/, any file with .conf suffix there is automatically
>>> included by httpd during startup thanks to the following in
>>> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
>>>
>>> # Load config files in the "/etc/httpd/conf.d" directory, if any.
>>> IncludeOptional conf.d/*.conf
>>>
>> It depends on the version of your distro.
>>
>> In recent Fedora a lot of configuration has been split out into separate
>> files. This particular configuration can be found in
>> /etc/httpd/conf.d/prefork.conf.
>>
>> For older releases, on RHEL-6 for example, it is still defined in
>> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.
>>
>> As for 389-ds, there is no magic-bullet tuning. It is very
>> environment-specific and heavily based on the size of your data. This
>> should help, https://github.com/richm/scripts/wiki/dbmon.sh
>>
>> rob
> Thank Rob, but I still can't find anything even close.
>
> Btw, any chance developers replace this outdated apache garbage with
> normal nginx configuration?
> This is ridiculous that simplest config options are so buried its
> literally impossible to find.
>
> There is no prefork.conf on Centros 7.
> cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)
>
> So anybody even changed apache settings for IPA server?

You weren't exactly clear on what distribution you were on before now.

It would appear that RHEL 7 (and clones, presumably) rely on the Apache
defaults for this. You can always override with your own configuration
file as necessary.

You'd have to bring this up with the Apache package maintainers and/or
upstream as to why default values were removed from the config.