On 12/04/2014 01:45 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 4.12.2014 05:02, Janelle wrote:
Thanks -- still a bit strange that it did not show up on some servers - vary
random and intermittent.

BTW - a bit of information others might find useful.  If you try to use the
"LDAP" portion of IPA for authentication - rather than fulling installing the
IPA client and using Kerberos - the servers running ds-389 do not do well in
handling the load. In other words - a few hundred hosts trying to authenticate
via LDAP only will send CPU through the roof and crashes the slapd process
often.

That should not happen.
For crashes, we would need to look at some stack traces: http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debugging-crashes For situations when the CPU is through the roof, that is very similar to debugging hangs: http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debugging-hangs

Since IPA is supposed to handle all options, I guess I am disappointed.

regards
~J