On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I followed the guide here to migrate IPA from CentOS 6.6 to CentOS 7.0:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html
>
> Now, adding a group from console with command
> ipa group-add
> I get this kind of error:
> ipa: ERROR: Operations error: Allocation of a new value for range cn=posix
> ids,cn=distributed numeric assignment plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config failed!
> Unable to proceed.

Based on info on og of CentOS 6.5 system, at the moment I solved the
probelm this way and it seems it works.
Let me know if you think I misunderstood anything.

created /root/dna_addrange.ldif
dn: cn=POSIX IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: dnaNextRange
dnaNextRange: 1639600001-1639799999
-

[root@c7server slapd-LOCALDOMAIN-LOCAL]# ldapmodify -x -D "cn=Directory
Manager" -f /root/dna_addrange.ldif -W
Enter LDAP Password:
modifying entry "cn=POSIX IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config"

Now the group create command automatically insert an unallocated GID
1639600005:
[root@c7server slapd-LOCALDOMAIN-LOCAL]# ipa group-add
Group name: testgroup
Added group "testgroup"