On 12/12/2014 02:00 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 12/11/2014 06:19 PM, Matt Chesler wrote:
I have a cluster of four IPA masters that should be performing fully meshed replication. I discovered yesterday that a recently created user only existed on a single master. After looking through all four masters, it appears that several recent updates only exist on one of the masters. I do not see any replication errors in any of the logs, but I'm not 100% sure how far back this
issue goes.

That's really strange, because AFAIK, DS replication module yells periodically if it cannot replicate so you should see it on the last errors log page.

I do believe the one master with up-to-date data is a reliable
representation of what the LDAP directory should look like.  I ran a
reinitialize command (ipa-replica-manage re-initialize --from
reliable-server.fqdn) on two of the out-of-date masters yesterday around 4pm EST. It's now a little after 12pm EST and the "Update in progress" message is still scrolling by once a second on both terminals. I'd greatly appreciate suggestions about a) how to determine the status of the reinitialize command and b) any other ideas about how to resolve this issue and monitor for it
better in the future.  Thanks in advance for your help!
you could check the nsds5replicaLastInitStatus: in the replication agreement. Is there any info in the DS error logs ? If init is not progressing there is a good chance you are running into bz 1166265, thierry is working on a fix. if online initialization is not working, you could still try do it offline (export/import ldif files)

Thierry or Ludwig, any idea?