On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 13:07 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 18:30:06 -0500
Dmitri Pal <d...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 12/11/2014 06:32 PM, free...@pettyvices.com wrote:
I'd like to be able to require 2FA on *certain* hosts and allow
just passwords on others.

It seems you can check both "passwords" and "2FA" under the user.

I was hoping I could create a HBAC such that certain hosts would
only allow 2FA, but I can't see an obvious way to do that.

Is it possible?  Help on how would be great.  If not, feature
request?

thanks,

-t

We have several tickets:

If you see https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4498#comment:6 we
discussed this use case.
And I was about to fork it as said but then I realized that there is
not good way on the KDC to determine the host you are coming from.
So IMO it should be a policy decision on SSSD.
There are two options:
- short term solution: allow SSSD to have a local overwrite to
require OTP if server offers different options.
- longer term solution: actually have a per host policy that is
centrally managed that is fetched per host and enforced by SSSD.

Before filing tickets I would like to hear opinions on the matter.
If we are using a FAST channel using the credentials of the host then
you may be able to know (probably requires changes in the KDC to
internally retain/convey the information).
This is possible via SSSD, but will not work via kinit done by a
generic user, so normal kinit's would require 2FA all the time.

I do not understand how kinit will require 2FA if kinit does not use FAST (because it does not have access to the host keys).
OTP is possible only over the armored tunnel.

This was my exact thought. But this technically isn't HBAC so much as
"choose preauth mechs based upon the principal used to secure the FAST
channel." It would also be somewhat useless if using anonymous pkinit to
secure the FAST channel.

Besides, long-term, we want FAST to go away. It is too cumbersome.

But there will be other way to create armor tunnel and you would need some other principal in the exchange, right?

So what would be a short term and long term solution?
SSSD override seems like a simple thing to do.
AFAIR we already design it couple years ago but I suspect not implemented yet.

Nathaniel

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal