Hi,

FreeIPA is great! One thing I'm missing though is management of
firewalld services and ports.

Is that something that would fit in FreeIPA?

Currently we are using puppet scripts through katello/the foreman, but
as this is very error prone we'd like to have it centrally managed a
different way.

The firewall rules are very essential IMHO and I thought the whole point
of firewalld is to have make it more manageable...

I already asked the katello guys but they don't appear very interested
in implementing something there, then I started thinking it would maybe
fit a lot better in freeIPA as it has more overlap with the other
network/authentication stuff.

It would be wasteful to have another project just for firewalld management.

Happy new year everybody!

Jorick

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

        Tel: 053 20 30 270      i...@netbulae.eu        Staalsteden 4-3A
KvK 08198180