On 12/29/2014 09:54 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 12/20/2014 05:02 AM, Ben .T.George wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I was trying to configure centos as ipa client and got failed with that,.
>>
>> anyone please help me to configure centos as ipa client through manual
>> configuration.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ben
>>

> Sorry for a delayed response.
> What version of CentOS? What version of the server?
> Why manually? On CentOS you can use ipa-client-install and it will do the work
> for you.
> What did you do and what did not work?

You can find some info here:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting#Client_Installation

If I read correctly, you are trying to do manual configuration. This may be a
tricky procedure and is not tested regularly. ipa-client-install is the way to
go in most deployments as it helps you avoid the pitfalls you probably hit.

Martin