On 01/08/2015 10:00 AM, Lance Reed wrote:
I am trying to figure out how (or if its even possible) to use
wildcard type sudo rules in FreeIPA.

I setup Sudo rules usage and so far seems to be working - at least if
I setup ALL type rules for Hosts.

However it looks like I have to add specifc allowed hosts in the GUI
as they either appear in the host list or add them in the External
option box.  However that makes it messy / non scalable if I want to
create a group of users that have access to a large number of host
types, say db servers or something.

File based sudo rules allow for constructs such as:

someusername *dbserver* = /opt/appname/admintools/run_admin_tools.sh

Which allows someuser to have sudo options on any hostname matching
*dbserver* and then run the command allowed.  This all currently seems
doable in IPA except the wildcard part for hostnames / domains etc.

Apologizes if I missed this in the docs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas (command line methods?)

I think to solve this problem with IPA you need to define sudo rules for a host group "dbserver" (or whatever name you choose) and then use automemebership [1] rules to automatically manage the membership of you servers in that group. Starting 4.1 automembership rules can be reapplied to already existing entries. [2]. Before that the rules applied only to new entries being created.

[1] - http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/design/automember-design.html (I do not think there is an IPA design page but IPA uses DS plugin)
[2] - http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Automember_rebuild_membership

HTH
Thanks