On 01/08/2015 10:42 AM, Lance Reed wrote:
Thanks Dmitri!

That at least tells me to stop attempting things that are going to not work.
I will look into the automember info.
Currently I don't think that will work for us since we using IPA
essentially as just LDAP and not using the IPA client (but using SSSD
on the hosts) and I don't register hosts directly in IPA.  We did not
really want / need that extra overhead but did like the other
integrated components of IPA.

SSSD is the client. ipa-client is just a configuration script that configures SSSD.
Having a host entry has a lot of benefits for access control and policies.

It seems that you sort of a bit force limited yourself with the approach you have taken.

Thanks so much for the info.