On 08/01/15 15:34, Baird, Josh wrote:
Hi,

The docs state this:

"DNS slaves will transfer the whole zone periodically as is specified in zone's SOA
record. DNS masters also send DNS NOTIFY messages to inform slaves about a change
asynchronously."

I have a need to execute zone transfers from my IPA server(s) to non-IPA slaves and I would like
the IPA servers to send notifies each time the zone is updated/reloaded (eg, the
"also-notify" option in BIND).  Currently, the zone transfer is only executed once the
refresh timer in the SOA expires.  I don't see an option within IPA to configure the BIND
"also-notify" option.

How can I make my IPA DNS servers send notify's to my non-IPA slave servers so
that zone transfers occur immediately after IPA zone updates?

Thanks,

Josh

Maybe this will help.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2014-September/msg00049.html