On Thu, 08 Jan 2015, John Obaterspok wrote:
Hello,

I've tried to do the following on the client (and also on the ipaserver
itself) where I want to the the ipaserver share mounted.

[root@ipaserver mnt]# mount -t cifs //ipaserver.MY.LAN/TheShare -o sec=krb5
mountpoint
mount error(126): Required key not available
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

(root has an admin ticket aquired)

Any hints for a newbie?
Do you have proper configuration in request-key.conf(5)?

On Fedora 21 we have /etc/request-key.d/cifs.upcall.conf and
/etc/request-key.d/cifs.idmap.conf to allow kernel to properly fetch
Kerberos keys and map IDs of CIFS identities. These configurations are
part of cifs-utils package which also supplies mount.cifs.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy