On 01/14/2015 03:38 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello,

On 14.1.2015 06:13, Rakesh Rajasekharan wrote:
Freeipa changes the hostname to FQDN. But in our exisitng set up that can
cause issues .
Could you be more specific? It would help if we had detailed bug reports about
this but up to know everybody just said 'I need non-FQDN hostname' but did not
add any details :-)

What doesn't work?

Can I revert back the hostname to previous value once the client
installation is complete.
You might see all sorts of breakages related to Kerberos, sorry.

I am fine with server having a FQDN.
You can tell SSSD to use a different hostname instead of the one the host actually uses.
See SSSD man pages for that.
You might also need to do a similar thing with krb5.conf by setting dns_canonicalize_hostname and make sure your DNS can actually resolve the short hostnames to FQDNs

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio