I am migrating an openLDAP tree into ipa, and when I run ipa migrate-ds, the
migration aborts after roughly 36 seconds with:
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to 'ldap://10.x.x.x:389':

It has transferred 9762 records, but seems to hit a timeout that causes it to
stop.

I've run it in debug mode, which only provides this:
ipa: DEBUG: Starting external process
ipa: DEBUG: args=keyctl pupdate 774698354
ipa: DEBUG: Process finished, return code=0
ipa: DEBUG: stdout=
ipa: DEBUG: stderr=
ipa: DEBUG: Caught fault 907 from server
https://foo.example.com/ipa/session/xml: cannot connect to
'ldap://10.x.x.x:389':
ipa: DEBUG: Destroyed connection context.xmlclient
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to 'ldap://10.x.x.x:389':

Initially, it had transferred 2000 records and stopped, until I set
nsslapd-sizelimit in cn=config:

nsslapd-sizelimit: 20000

I then re-ran the migration a dozen times, each time it would transfer more
records, but would always time out at around the 36 second mark.  Now that I'm
at 9762 records, it seems to have reached a peak.

I suspect this is another tunable, but haven't been able to find it, any
document that mentions it, or anyone else hitting this issue.

RHEL 7.0 server
idM ipa-server-3.3.3-28

source is RHEL 6.5 running openldap-2.4.23-34

command used to migrate:
ipa migrate-ds --continue --bind-dn="uid=me,ou=people,ou=foo,dc=example,dc=com"
--base-dn="ou=foo,dc=example,dc=com" ldap://10.x.x.x:389

Cheers,
-Bill

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE

The contents of this message and any attachments may be confidential and
proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please inform the sender of
the transmission error and delete this message immediately without reading,
distributing or copying the contents.