On 02/05/2015 05:54 AM, Matt . wrote:
In the past we have done some testsetups with password expiring after
we added a user, at the moment I have difficulties with this on 4.1.2

What I need is the following:

- We add a user using json/kinit
- The user is added in the right way
- tThe user should be able to use his set password by the admin (at least ldap)

At the moment the password is expired directly and I tried adding the
user with min/max lifetime to 0/0 which didn't work out. Als 0/500
doesn't seem to fix my issue.

I thought we had to do a little but more to accomplish this, but I'm
not able to find this (anymore)

Does someone have a clue how to fix this ? I'm quite sure this is possible.

Thanks,

Matt

It was always the feature of IPA to require password change on the first login after it was created. If you do not want it to be expired you need to change the expiration attribute of the account not min max life.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio