On 10/02/15 12:22, Nicolas Zin wrote:
great!

works if I don't add "--ip-address"

thanks!

option --ip-address adds the specified address (addresses IPA-4-1) into IPA DNS. IPA currently does not support updating external DNS servers, so that is reason why replica preparation did not work for you.

----- Mail original -----
De: "Nicolas Zin" <nicolas....@savoirfairelinux.com>
À: "Martin Basti" <mba...@redhat.com>
Cc: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Envoyé: Mardi 10 Février 2015 14:14:13
Objet: Re: [Freeipa-users] bug with ipa-replica and external dns?

----- Mail original -----
De: "Martin Basti" <mba...@redhat.com>
À: "Nicolas Zin" <nicolas....@savoirfairelinux.com>, freeipa-users@redhat.com
Envoyé: Mardi 10 Février 2015 14:02:30

On 10/02/15 10:42, Nicolas Zin wrote:
Hi.

I tried to install IDM 3.3 (RHEL7) without integrated DNS.
It works fine until I begin to create a replica:
"
root@srv-idm7-01 # ipa-replica-prepare srv-idm7-02.hq.company.com --ip-address
192.168.128.22 --no-reverse
Directory Manager (existing master) password:

You can't add a DNS record because DNS is not set up.
"

The message is pretty clear: the DNS is not set up: for sure, it is externally
managed.
Should I consider it as a bug? Or is there something I did wrong?

Regards,

Nicolas Zin
nicolas....@savoirfairelinux.com
Ligne directe: 514-276-5468 poste 135

Fax : 514-276-5465
7275 Saint Urbain
Bureau 200
Montréal, QC, H2R 2Y5

Hello,

configure A/AAAA and reverse records for

srv-idm7-02.hq.company.com

on your external DNS

Then run just

ipa-replica-prepare srv-idm7-02.hq.company.com

It should work.
HTH

I have to check again, but I'm pretty sure that A and reverse were already
configured (but no AAAA), and I pointed to the correct external DNS server: I
was tcpdumping it, and saw the requests.
I will see if I remove the --ip-address it change something

--
Martin Basti