From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Dmitri Pal
Sent: 10 February 2015 16:07
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] LDAP Connection error while Integrating AD with
FreeIPA

On 02/10/2015 10:59 AM, Prady Dash wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to integrate AD with FreeIPA.  I was following the below document.

https://www.freeipa.org/images/2/2b/Installation_and_Deployment_Guide.pdf

While configuring am facing the below error.

[root@appserver2 ~]# ipa-replica-manage connect --winsync --binddn
cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=abc,dc=local --bindpw XXXXXXX --passsync XXXXXX
--passsync XXXXXXX --cacert /etc/openldap/certs/abc.cer ad.abc.local -v
Directory Manager password:

Added CA certificate /etc/openldap/certs/ abc.cer to certificate database for
appserver2.qinec.com
ipa: INFO: AD Suffix is: DC=abc,DC=local
The user for the Windows PassSync service is
uid=passsync,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=xyz,dc=com
Windows PassSync entry exists, not resetting password
ipa: INFO: Added new sync agreement, waiting for it to become ready . . .
ipa: INFO: Replication Update in progress: FALSE: status: -11  - LDAP error:
Connect error: start: 0: end: 0
ipa: INFO: Agreement is ready, starting replication . . .
Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
[appserver2.abc.com] reports: Update failed! Status: [-11  - LDAP error:
Connect error]
Failed to start replication

Please suggest.

Regards,
/Prady

This is a very old documentation.
Please use the latest documentation on the Red Hat portal.
What IPA version and platform are you using?
Do you really want to sync users? Have you considered a trust? Are you aware of
that option which is preferred now?

--

Thank you,

Dmitri Pal