On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Thomas Raehalme wrote:
Hi!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Thomas Raehalme <
thomas.raeha...@codecenter.fi> wrote:

Hi!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> Now I only wish we could resolve what's causing the dirsrv process to
> hang (wrote about that in another message last Sunday) about 10 minutes
> after IPA services were started.

Evidence suggests that the last upgrade failed so I'd start there. It is
possible some plugins aren't configured properly, for example.

After having restart ipa service, the upgrade command was completed
successfully:

# ipa-ldap-updater --upgrade
Upgrading IPA:
 [1/8]: stopping directory server
 [2/8]: saving configuration
 [3/8]: disabling listeners
 [4/8]: starting directory server
 [5/8]: upgrading server
 [6/8]: stopping directory server
 [7/8]: restoring configuration
 [8/8]: starting directory server
Done.

Now dirsrv was stopped in 2 second when the previous time was over 500
seconds.

Unfortunately this still didn't resolve the issue. After the system has
been online for about 10 minutes, named starts complaining:

Feb 17 21:04:14 ipa named[31117]: LDAP query timed out. Try to adjust
"timeout" parameter

Also ldapsearch just hangs if you try to perform any queries.

Any ideas what could go wrong here?
So, can you get us a backtrace again?

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy