On 02/20/2015 03:53 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 02/20/2015 09:44 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 02/20/2015 02:00 AM, Dan Mossor wrote:
<---snip--->
After approximately 15 minutes, I am kicked out of the active session
- while
in the middle of using it - and cannot log back in.

Default FreeIPA session lifetime is 20mins. Expiration time is extended
on each request. Session also expires when krb ticket expires. We have
known issue that Web UI, if SSO is used, does not work if ticket expires
in 5mins but it produces little bit different output.

So, the oddity continues. Firefox was at fault here - once I cleaned up FF and configured it with the new certificate, these authentication problems cleared up.

Login was
attempted from 4
browsers across two machines, and every time the login screen returns
with
"Your session has expired. Please re-login."

Does it work if you use forms-based authentication or if you use CLI tool?

When I attempted to go to use the form based authentication from both Firefox and Chrome, it brought up the page to configure the browser - it did not present me with a login.

<----snip---->
[Fri Feb 20 00:45:35.603016 2015] [auth_kerb:error] [pid 1173] [client
10.1.1.17:54157] gss_accept_sec_context() failed: An unsupported
mechanism was
requested (, Unknown error), referer: https://vader.dom.net/ipa/ui/

This looks like a culprit to me, though IDK what's its cause. Simo may
know more.

In a meantime you could try to enable debugging to get more info from
/var/log/httpd/error_log by creating /etc/ipa/server.conf and restarting
httpd.

     # cat /etc/ipa/server.conf
     [global]
     debug=True

You could also open browser develeper tools (press F12) and inspect XHR
communication in network tab [1]. Check especially if some request to
/ipa/session/json or ipa/session/login_kerberos or
ipa/session/login_password does not end with 401 Unauthorized status
code. And then what's the cause of next 401 after series of 200. It
might contain some pointers. Like session expiration time and such.

[1] https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/images/ff-dev-tools-xhr.png

I was looking at the console last night, and unfortunately I didn't save any of the error messages displayed. I can't recall the exact wording, but the one clue I was able to get from the Firefox console was that the certificate wasn't trusted - it said it was because it was expired, but it was actually due to my not having granted the exception to the self-signed cert yet. I was unable to do this due to the Firefox glitches mentioned previously.

Restarting httpd, I can log in, and am immediately logged out again
with the
above errors.

Restarting ipa.service, I was able to log in with my user account, and
was
notified that my password expires in 0 days - even though it was just
created
less than an hour ago.

Have you modified Kerberos Ticket Policy or any Password Policy?

No, it was a default rolekit deployment - the only thing in my
settings.json file was the admin password.

Is this a known issue, or is there a hidden problem with the rolekit
deployment
that I need to track down?

It's not a known issue.

CCing Petr for Web UI and Simo for the Kerberos part. We know about
several common gotchas related to Web UI auth, having them documented on
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting#Cannot_authenticate_to_Web_UI

But this seems as a new case. You can still check the pointers on this
page though. If none of them help, it may help to show us:

- the Kerberos ticket and default encryptions:
$ kinit
$ klist -e

- any related Kerberos errors from  /var/log/krb5kdc.log

Martin

After much deliberation and many reboots, I finally figured out one key issue - I was using a Fedora 21 Cloud image to deploy, and converting the Cloud product to the Server product after the instance was created. For some reason, my original step of issuing 'systemctl disable cloud-init.service', while returning a successful message, was undone on the next reboot. The cloud-init tools were resetting the hostname on every boot to freeipa.localdomain, as that was what was used in the seed. This was causing pkinit to fail, so nothing would authenticate.

The cloud-init services are all removed now, and the system is stable. I sent this original message out of frustration because I was stymied at the problem. I eventually figured it out, and apologize for not following up when I figured out the errors were all mine.

Thank you all for the pointers, the help y'all dish out here on the list is phenomenal.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA